PURPOSE OF BRIGHT IDEAS COLLEGE
The focus of this qualification is to enable the learner to develop competence in a range of knowledge, skills, attitudes and values including:
– Initiating, developing, implementing and evaluating operational strategies, projects and action plans, and where appropriate, recommending change within teams and/or the unit so as to improve the effectiveness of the unit.
– Monitoring and measuring performance and applying continuous or innovative improvement interventions in the unit in order to attain its desired outcomes, including client satisfaction, and thereby contributing towards the achievement of the objectives and vision of their company.
– Leading a team, by capitalizing on the talents of team members and promoting synergistic interaction between individuals and teams, to enhance individual, team and unit effectiveness in order to achieve the goals of the entity.
– Building relationships using communication processes both vertically and horizontally within the unit, with superiors and with stakeholders across the value chain to ensure the achievement of intended outcomes.
– Applying the principles of risk, financial and knowledge management and business ethics within internal and external regulatory frameworks in order to ensure the effectiveness and sustainability of the unit.
– Enhancing the development of teams and team members through facilitating the acquisition of skills, coaching, providing career direction, and capitalizing on diversity in the unit.
– The skills, knowledge and understanding demonstrated within this qualification are essential for the creation of a talent pool of experienced and effective middle managers that represents the demographics of the South African society. This qualification will create a leadership cadre for the South African society throughout multiple industries and sectors both private and public.
Bright Ideas College
National FET Certificate:
SAQA ID 59201,NQF Level 5,